NIGHT TO SHINE VOLUNTEER INFORMATION
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for this special night! Volunteers have the opportunity to serve in a variety of capacities. Below is a brief list of some of the areas where you can serve during Night to Shine:
All volunteers, caregivers, buddies, and parents assisting with a registered guest are required to have a background check through our Night to Shine website ($10) fee. tHIS FEE PAYS FOR YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK.
If you are 18 years and older If you are 17 and Under complete these steps below Complete these steps below
- VOLUNTEER CHECK-IN TEAM: Greet volunteers, give them their name badges and direct them to their team leader.
- SET-UP TEAM: Arrive at the designated time and execute event set-up, connect with DJ, audio/visual, activity and parking teams to ensure the best possible layout. (If only marking SETUP TEAM, you will NOT need to do a background check)
- BUDDY CHECK-IN TEAM: Greet buddies, give them their name badges and direct them to their team leader for a pre-event meeting on helping give their assigned guest the best experience possible.
- TRANSPORTATION TEAM: Maintain a parking pattern and direct traffic for easy vehicle entry and exit. Maintain open fire and emergency lanes.
- RED CARPET TEAM: Assist guests as they make their way down the red carpet, manage flow of traffic and cheer them on to make them feel welcomed.
- SOCIAL MEDIA PHOTOGRAPHER: Take high quality photos and short videos for your church’s social media pages. This volunteer will follow the same content guidelines as the professional photography team. For best quality, please shoot video horizontally. Please use official Night to Shine hashtags.
- PAPARAZZI TEAM: Take photographs and treat participants like honored guests and celebrities.
- FLOATER/GREETER TEAM: Welcome guests as they arrive, and help them find their way to the main event space, activities and restrooms. Constantly “float” around the main event space, kitchen, restrooms and outdoors to assist anywhere an
extra hand is needed.
- GUEST CHECK-IN TEAM: Warmly greet guests and sign them in and answer any questions they may have.
- BUDDY TEAM: Accompany and assist assigned guest throughout the evening, providing companionship and any assistance they may need during the event. Sit with their guest during dinner and engage with them in conversation. Buddies need to be at least 16 years old. Buddies will need to dress formal for this event. You will only pay $10 for the background check fee. You will NOT receive a t-shirt.
- RESPITE ROOM TEAM: Love on the parents/caretakers by serving food, spending time getting to know them and being available to pray with them.
- HAIR, MAKE-UP & SHOE SHINE TEAM: Arrive at the designated time and assist set-up team with the salon area. Welcome each guest to a salon station for hair and makeup or to a seat for a shoe shine. Chat with them while you pamper them and make them feel special.
- FLOWER TEAM/GIFT TAKE-AWAY: Assist florist with unloading and properly laying out corsages and boutonnieres. Help guests select and pin on their flowers. Manage gifts and help each guest collect their favors to take home.
- ACTIVITIES TEAM: Set up and participate in any additional activities, including karaoke, with the guests. Encourage them and maintain a fun atmosphere.
- BATHROOM ATTENDANT TEAM: Help guests find the restroom, and offer assistance in the restroom if needed. If a guest requires assistance with more than getting in and out of a stall or hand washing, it is appropriate to contact their parent or caregiver for assistance. MUST BE A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. Register for the Medical Team.
CAPTAINS MEETING : JANUARY 12 AT 10AM AT FBC ARDMORE
VOLUNTEER TRAINING : JANUARY 26 AT 9AM AT FBC ARDMORE
MANDATORY MEETING/CHECK-IN : FEBRUARY 7 AT 6:30PM AT CONVENTION CENTER
nEW VOLUNTEERS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND AND RETURNING Volunteers ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND THE MEETING ON JANUARY 26TH BUT THE MANDATORY MEETING IS A REQUIREMENT FOR ALL VOLUNTEERS.